Hello Robertson Families and welcome to school year 2021\2022!
We have had many challenges over the past year and a half, and some still remain – though I am confident we will have a great year!
We are working with the district on a more detailed back to school plan, which I will have to you all by Friday – but here is some information I can share as of now:
– All students and staff will be expected to wear masks while indoors during the day (mask breaks will be provided).
– There will be no distance learning option this year (though that could change if a whole class has to quarantine). If individual students have to quarantine, it will be treated like any other absence. Teachers will have a google classroom with assignments posted for students to do to keep up with their school work.
– Teachers will not have any virtual meetings with students who are absent. We do have 2 building substitute teachers this year who may be able to reach out to students who need to quarantine if they do not have to cover for an absent teacher.
– Students will have physical education, health, art, music, and library each week, typically one per day.
– Bus Transportation is available to students who live .75 or more miles from school. Students will need to wear masks while on the bus. The bus stop list will be linked below and the phone number for the bus company is 401 734 3212 in case you have any questions.
-Bus Stop Link:
– Lunch and breakfast is free to all students again this year. Breakfast will be brought to classrooms right at the beginning of the day (this is different from last year when it was brought at some point during the morning). We are working on a plan to have lunch in the cafeteria this year. Students from the same class will sit at least 3 feet apart and students from other classes will be at least 6 feet apart, which is in line with recommendations\guidance. If any of this changes or as I get more information, I will keep you updated.
– Our classrooms will remain peanut free for this school year, though peanuts are allowed at lunch time in the cafeteria. We will have a peanut free area for students who have that need.
– Students will have recess before or after lunchtime. Each class will have their own area to play in as the guidance recommends keeping classrooms separate at this time. Classes will rotate using the playground, swings, blacktop area, and basketball court.
– We have also been directed to not have any in person events at this time; I am hoping this changes soon and will keep you posted.
– Students should all have a school chromebook for this year. If your child does not have one, we will work on providing it during the first week of school. Teachers may decide to have chromebooks stay at school or be brought home – you will find out more information as the school year begins.
– Students will have scheduled bathroom breaks as they did last year; though they can also go before\after those scheduled times as well (whenever the need arises 🙂
– More covid guidance will be coming from the district, but among the guidelines are that students will be asked to stay home with 1 symptom of covid. I understand that can be frustrating, but it is a step in helping to keep everyone healthy (that helped us last year as we did not need to close down many classrooms).
– Maximum classroom size is 26 students in grades 1-5 and 22 students in kindergarten (though we do not have any classes at the maximum as of now). Classrooms that students will be in for the day all have air purifiers and windows. Classrooms that students will be in for part of the day may have either air purifiers or windows (which guidance as said is acceptable).
– The school day at Robertson has increased by 5 minutes: 8:10-2:20. Students can start arriving at 7:50, that is when morning supervision will begin. We will have staff at drop off areas and would like adults to stay in their vehicles at drop off, as they did last year. Grades 1\2 students will head to the auditorium after being dropped off and grades 3,4,5 and Kindergarten will come into the all purpose room (gym\cafeteria). Students will start heading to class at 8:05 and will be marked tardy\late if they arrive after 8:10.
– Dismissal at Robertson will begin at 2:20. Grade K students will be dismissed from the left side of the building, all the way around. Parents should stay in their car and your child will be delivered. Grade 1 students will be dismissed from their classroom doors and escorted to you – parents should line up their car in the parent parking lot (the one after the basketball court). Grade 2\3\4\5 students will be lined up on the basketball court at dismissal and come to you when you arrive. You can park along the sidewalk where the basketball court is.
*** Arrival and dismissal is subject to change, depending on how congested it is. I am hoping with more students using the bus this year, behind the school will work as well as it did last year ***
– Please click on the form below to let us know how you will be picking up your child in the first week of school and rest of year:
Brian Dillon, Principal
Robertson Elementary School
Warwick School Department