Robertson Elementary School serves approximately 300 young learners, from kindergarten, through grade six. Below you will find a brief description of our trimester programs, along with teacher contact information.
During the year questions may arise about curriculum and instruction. Any questions you have should be directed first to your child’s classroom teacher and then to the principal. General information can also be obtained on the Warwick Public School website www.warwickschools.org that provides links to local and state policies.
The young learners that enter the Robertson Elementary kindergarten program are greeted with a safe, caring, and child-oriented environment designed to help them take the first productive steps to develop as both students and individuals. The teachers lead the children forward with a fully defined, high level of commitment towards the goal of providing, in partnership with parents and the community, a structured and secure, nurturing educational environment that helps prepare their students to meet the social, emotional, and cognitive challenges of their academic future.
Students are introduced to core classroom subjects in a typical setting, but the program is also oriented to provide individual attention to specific needs of the children, enhanced by extra-curricular activities both during, and after the traditional school day. The interaction with both elder students and teachers opens an avenue to insure success as they prepare for future challenges as they progress into upper grades.
KINDERGARTEN SUPPLY LIST (to be replenished throughout the year):
- 1 or 2 Boxes of tissues from every child
- 1 or 2 Dozen purple glue sticks from every child
- 1 or 2 Packages of napkins from every child
- 1 or 2 Containers of Lysol wipes from every child
KINDERGARTEN WISH LIST:
- Fat Crayols markers
- Small & large plain white paper plates
- Packages of plastic spoons
- Packages of skinny highlighters in all colors
- Zip bags in all sizes
- Paper towels
- Small or Dixie cups
- Lunch bags in white; brown or colors
- Medium and large googly eyes (not tiny)
- Dry erase markers
- Any other cool art supplies you may come across that may be glued down
- We apppreciate any donations you can make to the Kindergarten classes for sharing. You may send donations in any time duringthe school year.
First grade classes at Robertson Elementary provide a year of academic excitement, along with achievement, as young students are guided through a new channel of intellectual and emotional growth that helps them to develop a sound and lifelong approach to learning. Patterns of successful and independent thinking are instilled through the community efforts of their teachers, parents, staff, volunteers, peers and classmates. They develop confidence and awareness as they are helped to recognize their own individual abilities, and then how they might apply these unique talents towards becoming productive members and contributors to their community.
Dear First Grade Families,
Believe it or not we are already thinking about next year and looking forward to working with the new first graders! The following is a list of supplies that your student will need in grade one. Wouldn’t it be nice to buy the things that you need while they are on sale? Most of the best sales are actually in July and August. Having your kids check the Sunday paper each week for the items listed below would be a great summer reading activity!
1st Grade Supply List (to be replenished throughout the year)
- Spill-proof water bottle to travel back and forth each day.
- One blue, red and green plastic folder with pockets and prongs
- 1 inch; 3 ring binder
- Set of headphones.
- Please do not send ear buds, they are too big for little ears☺ (please label with name)
- 2 Disinfecting wipes
- 2 boxes of tissues
- Hand sanitizer
- Skinny Crayola markers
1st Grade Wish List:
- Plastic spoons
- Paper towels
- Ziploc baggies (lg or sm)
- Pencils (wood, not plastic)
- Small bathroom sized cups
- Glue sticks
- AA batteries
- Large container of extra snacks (animal crackers, goldfish, saltines, pretzels, cereal-anything NUT FREE and healthy!)
Reminder: we are a peanut free school
The school department will be purchasing crayons, pencils, and glue sticks for your child. These items are very inexpensive over the summer, if you want to purchase some as extras that would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your support. Gathering these supplies will be your child’s first step towards being a BIG first grader!!!
We will set up a box in the foyer of the school during the week of August 27th . If it is convenient, you can stop by the school anytime between 8 and 3 to drop off your supplies. Please label your bags!!
Have a wonderful summer!
Mrs. Murphy and Mrs. Fortier
The Second Grade program at Robertson Elementary leads our young students into a more rigorous learning environment than they experienced in First Grade so they are able to further deepen and expand their knowledge. Second graders begin to develop their research and critical-thinking projects as they create individual and group work to share. They are taught to present what they learn through different forms, including writing and speaking. The goal is that they become more experienced writers, readers and mathematicians as they practice these skills more, and in more complex and comprehensive ways.
Our teachers provide them with the tools to read longer and more complicated books, to write longer and more complex pieces, and they learn more about the underlying concepts of the math they do. Technology also becomes an important part of the 2nd grade classroom as students learn about and use it more, further facilitating their newly learned skills.
Dear Second Grade Families,
Believe it or not we are already thinking about next year! We are looking forward to working with our new second graders. Part of the excitement of going back to school is getting new school supplies. Wouldn’t it be nice to buy the things that you need while they are on sale? Most of the best sales are actually in July and August. Having your kids check the Sunday paper each week for the items listed below would be a great summer reading activity!
2nd Grade Supply list (to be replenished throughout the year):
- Spill-proof water bottle to travel back and forth daily, with their name on it
- 3 boxes of tissue (will be placed at central points in the classroom over the year for sniffles)
- 1 box of snack-sized zip lock type bags and one box sandwich size zip lock type bags.
- 1 Bounty-select size paper towels
- 1 canister of disinfecting wipes (for our desks)
- 1 set of earbuds or headphones for their own use to keep in school for the computers (label with your child’s name please)
- 1 black dry erase marker
Thank you in advance for your support. Gathering these supplies will help your child to get organized and to have a successful 2nd grade school year. Enjoy the summer and ready every day! See you in the fall.
Grade Two Teachers
Third grade at Robertson Elementary is defined by the ongoing plan to foster an evolution of independence, motivation, and self awareness, so that our young students both mature and expand their learning capabilities. They are taught to explore the world around them by delving deeper into the academics and disciplines of reading, writing, math, and science.
Our teachers, parents and caregivers, also take it upon themselves to challenge traditional approaches, to encourage a modern and comprehensive academic program that takes advantage of the newest technology. The love of the knowledge is what we want to imprint on these young developing minds.
Dear Families, here is a list of class materials that your child will need in order to be successful in third grade. We appreciate your support in getting these supplies for the start of school.
3rd Grade Supply List (to be replenished throughout the year):
- 3 notebooks
- 2 sturdy pocket folders
- Eraser caps or pink erasers
- Colored pencils
- Pencil bag
- 1 pack 3×5″ index cards
- Small pencil sharpener
- Inexpensive earbuds or headphones (optional, but useful when we use Chromebooks)
- Donations of disinfecting wipes and tissues (to keep our classrooms clean and healthy)
We have limited space so binders or trapper keepers are not needed. We kindly ask that each family please contribute disinfecting wipes and tissues to help keep our classrooms clean and healthy. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
Have a wonderful summer!
The Third Grade Teachers
The goal of the fourth grade team of teachers at Robertson Elementary is to provide a rich environment of learning opportunities for the students. The program places a strong emphasis on teaching critical-thinking and problem-solving skills that students will need to be successful throughout their academic career.
Students will be given the opportunity to learn through a variety of hands-on activities and projects in all subject areas, and will utilize new educational technology. This approach is designed to enhance the learning process of a general studies track, with specific emphasis in the fields of Math, English/Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies. Our commitment is to help each student become more confident in their abilities as thinkers and learners, and fully prepare them for the next level, both academically and socially.
Dear Fourth Grade Families, June 2018
Believe it or not, we are already thinking about next year! We are excited to work with your children during the 2018-2019 school year. The following is a list of supplies needed for each child. Many of the items are on sale during the summer months, so take advantage of those sales! Thank you for your support!
The school department will be purchasing crayons, pencils, and glue sticks for your child. Feel free to buy extra pencils and glue sticks, and keep them at home in case your child needs to replenish later in the year.
4th Grade Supply List (to be replenished throughout the year):
- Erasers: (package of pencil caps or handheld)
- Colored Pencils
- Dry Erase Markers and Eraser Please ( We use these frequently!)
- Pens: just a few for correcting….blue or black, and any other preferred colors!
- Scissors (1)
- Small pencil sharpener
- Pencil box or bag
- Five different colored pocket folders*** (__blue, __red, __yellow, __green, __orange)
- Earbuds/headphones for chromebook use*** (optional, but students prefer to use their own. Headphones are available by the school department, but are shared with all students)
- 1 BLUE, __ 1 RED, __ 1 GREEN: 1 subject spiral bound, wide ruled notebook- These 3 notebooks will be used for important information for Reading, Grammar/Writing, and Math. Please do not buy the black/white marbled composition books…the pages are too small to glue in important handouts that will be given to the students throughout the year.
Classroom Cleanliness Wish List:
- 1 or 2 boxes of tissues
- 1 canister of disinfecting wipes
Thank you again, and have an enjoyable summer!
Mrs. Barrett and Mrs. Boyd
Our goal for Fifth graders at Robertson Elementary is to help the students practice, refine and grow their skills, and take what they have learned to the next step. Fifth graders build on what they learned in 4th grade by thinking and analyzing in deeper ways.
Our program is designed to encourage the students to be more independent in the learning process, and less dependent on the guidance and support from teachers or other adults. Students certainly have available to them the assistance of a teacher when called for, but at the same time are educated to understand that at this juncture in their academic careers they have been equipped with the essential tools to help themselves, and are ready for larger roles at school, home, and in the community.
- At least 3 2-pocket folders
- 4 Spiral notebooks
- Clorox wipes