- Should it be necessary for your child to leave school prior to the regular dismissal, you must fill ou a change of dismissal form found on our website or send a written note to your child’s teacher in the morning. Parent/guardian is also required to check into the office and sign the child out of the building in our Student Log.
- It is recommended that students not be dismissed early from school for reasons other than Doctor/ Dentist appointments or Family emergencies. Whenever possible, please try to schedule medical and dental appointments during non-school hours.
In the event school closure due inclement weather or other emergencies, announcements will be on radio stations:
- 630 WPRO
- 92 PRO-FM
- LITE ROCK 105
- TV Channels 6, l0, and 12.
Please do not tie up the phone lines by calling the school. The following procedure is in the event that an elementary school is forced to dismiss early:
- Each parent/guardian should have a plan with his/her child explaining to the child where he/she is to go in the event that school dismisses early. Forms are available in the office.
- Kindergarten children will be placed on the school bus. The bus will go door-to-door. If no one is home, the child will be returned to the school and the parent/guardian will be called.
- If the dismissal is for any reason other than inclement weather, the school will attempt to call the parent/guardian of the child. If a parent/guardian cannot be reached, an emergency number for the person(s) authorized to pick-up the child will be called. If the school cannot reach anyone, the child will be instructed to follow the early dismissal plan referred to in #1.
- Buses will pick up students in grades K – 5 one hour after their regularly scheduled time.
- Students may arrive at school at 8:45a.m. The normal school bells will ring an hour late at 9:00 and 9:05, and students should line up in the designated are for their grade level.
- Supervision and the breakfast program begin at 8:45a.m.
- Children who arrive after the bell rings will be considered “tardy” or late.
- The only excuses for tardiness are: medical emergencies, doctor’s appointments, major family problems, problems with transportation (bus or car breakdowns) and inclement weather.
- Repeated tardiness to school is unacceptable and can be detrimental to students learning. Schools are required to inform the district Truancy Officer of students who are chronically tardy. Please let us know if there are any circumstances that we may be able to assist with if your child is consistently tardy.
Nothing from March 29, 2020 to April 29, 2020.